The Town of Sharon seeks a section-time plumbing & fuel inspector, functioning beneath the direct supervision of the Developing Inspector, to carry out a assortment of jobs associated with innovative specialized setting up inspection and preliminary plans examining perform to enforce plumbing/mechanical codes, rules and ordinances for residential, college, municipal and professional construction.
- Inspects household, school, municipal and industrial plumbing/mechanical installations in the course of several levels of construction and transforming enforce compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and restrictions propose modifications and adjustments as necessary.
- Examine earlier occupied structures, areas or suites for code compliance approve inspected regions for certificates of occupancy.
- Inspect present residential, university, municipal and commercial buildings for modify of use, occupancy, or compliance with relevant plumbing/mechanical codes and ordinances.
- Confer with architects, contractors, builders and the basic public demonstrate and interpret
- necessities and restrictions of adopted codes and ordinances.
- Receive phone calls and reply questions about permits and code demands direct inquiries as important relating to residential, college, municipal and professional construction.
Qualifications and encounter:
- High School Diploma or GED possession of a valid Massachusetts driver’s license possession of Massachusetts certification as a plumbing or mechanical inspector or an suitable journeyman or master of plumbing or Worldwide Meeting of Constructing Officials or Intercontinental Code Council certification as a plumbing or mechanical inspector.
- Thorough information of rules and techniques of plumbing/mechanical inspections principles and strategies of plumbing/mechanical style and design residential and commercial plumbing/mechanical building products and techniques of building basic safety expectations and solutions of construction for business, industrial and residential buildings pertinent federal, condition and local legal guidelines, codes and regulations.
- Three several years of ever more accountable development and/or plumbing/mechanical inspection experience which includes 1 12 months of expertise doing work with household and professional structures.
Salary: Certain charge of shell out of $475/7 days inspectors responding to get in touch with backs outdoors of the hours of 8:00am – 3:30pm Monday as a result of Friday will be certain a minimum of 3 (3) several hours pay back at $35/hour.
Assistant Town Administrator
City of Sharon
90 South Key Street
Sharon, MA 02067
Purposes will be reviewed as submitted place will continue to be open up till stuffed.
The City of Sharon is an Equivalent Opportunity Employer.